Sometimes when you are working at home you just need a brownie. I came across this brownie recipe and it came out pretty good.
I did not use the original recipe but the modified recipe in the comments. Here is a list of the changes I used from the comments.
- Decrease the cocoa powder to 3/4 cup.
- Decrease the sugar to 1 1/2 cup.
- Increase the butter to 3/4 cup.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
I would also suggest two other modifications.
- Use a smaller pan than a 9 x 13. I would use a 9 x 9.
- Watch your time. Your brownies my not take the full 30 minutes. Mine were done in about 20 minutes.
I liked this recipe for several reasons. First, it makes a chewy brownie which I like better. Also, the recipe is quick, easy, and uses standard pantry ingredients. Another plus is it just uses cocoa powder so no need to melt chocolate chips.